Various Jobs vacancy At Save The Children Nigeria 2013
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting Change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to
accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities. Where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
The school Health and Nutrition Coordinator will Work closely with the Director of Program Development & Quality, Education Advisor/Manager and the Health Team, with support from SCUS SHN Specialist. to contribute to proposals that support the growth of School Health and Nutrition activities in urban Lagos schools. Conduct and supervise all aspects offormative school health and nutrition activities including:
- Assess current school health services in collaboration with students, communities and the Ministry of Health.
- Identify and engage stakeholders and partners.
- Develop and conduct a Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices survey.
- Compile and analyze aforementioned formative data to develop a situation analysis, and community engagement and program strategy.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Work with Head of M&E to develop an M&E plan for the SHN program.
- Oversee the collection of school health and nutrition data for the purpose of reporting, advocacy. decision-making, etc.
- Escalate data to the CO’s M&E Head for analysis
- Work with the Head of M&E. with support from SHN Specialist to plan and carry out Result Reviews and reports for P&G and Save the Children.
- Document lessons learned, collect case studies and success stories for reporting and advocacy purposes
- Work with Nigeria country office staff to carry out SHN baseline, monitoring, deadline and other studies
In order to be successful within this role, the incumbent must have a
- Bachelor’s degree and preferable a Master’s degree in public health or social sciences.
- Relevant experience and knowledge in performing qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, including desk reviews and situation analyses is essential.
- Proven experience in training. community mobilization is required. The candidate should have the ability to speak one or more other local languages in Lagos State as well as work with minimum supervision.
The Food Security and Livelihoods Adviser under the general direction and guidance of the Programme Development and Quality Director ensure all food security and livelihoods programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to national, regional and global learning, advocacy and programme development. The post holder is expected to provide technical advice and support to project staff to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved and actively participate in the development of the Country Strategic and Thematic Plans. Speciflcally lead in the definition of strategic axis of intervention on resilience, social protection, safety nets and livelihood support.
- Postgraduate qualification in discipline related to Agricultural economics, development economics, agriculture, food security or other relevant discipline.
- Significant international experience (at least 5 years) in food security and livelihoods programming in at least one Sub-Saharan country with specific experience and/or advanced understanding of the following:
- Social protection systems for vulnerable populations especially pastoral and agro-pastoral populations;
- Experience of running and monitoring cash transfer programmes;
- Designing and implementing market assessments and analysis of data collected;
The Local Government Advisor will strengthen the capacity of the Local Government Area (LGA) nutrition focal person or team (as designated by the LGA) in management, delivery, and advocacy of cost-effective malnutrition prevention and treatment interventions (interventions include – Infant & Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, Maternal & Child Health Weeks).Strengthen capacities of LGA personnel/nutrition team on planning, financing and management of nutrition interventions, support assessment preparation and planning for implementation of nutrition interventions with LGA Team.
- At least a BA in programme management, health and nutrition, or related social science.
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Strong programme management background, including HR management.
- Significant experience in planning, managing and delivering a programme, including costing, managing and monitoring budgets.
- Effective resource planning, including commodifies and technical expertise is essential.
Method of Application
Kindly send your CV. and covering letter on or before 4th of September 2013 explaining why you are suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.