Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) various job Vacancy Nigeria 2013
Total E & P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) is set to recruit for the position of a Project General Manager. We are a leading Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company and a subsidiary of the Total Group. The company is in a growth phase, and as part of its expansion activities, welcomes applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for its Oil & Gas Production Operations Training Scheme facilitated by a Training Company. During the training programme participants will be on a Training Contract and on successful completion of the training programme would be considered for the usual recruitment process leading to employment in TEPNG.
Total E & P is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project General Manager Ref: 10050785
Egina is a deep offshore development located in block OML130 in Nigeria operated by TOTAL Upstream Nigeria Limited. The development is located 150 km from the coast in 1550 m water depth and includes a spread moored FPSO of 240 POB, associated offloading calm buoy, 2 productions loops connecting six subsea manifold with 21 production wells and 3 injection lines connecting 23 water injection wells. A 20km gas export line ties in to the Akpo export pipeline to Amenam.
- Management and delivery of the project packages for oil and gas production involving the following -
- Be accountable to EGM Egina Project on the progress and challenges of executing scope of work and proffer/implement solutions for the way forward till project handover to FOPs.
- Develop and implement the strategy for successful execution of all phases of Engineering Construction and Procurement Contracts for the Project.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts recommended bidders submissions to CONTRACTs for effective execution of the project scope of works as per requirements of overall Egina Field Development Plan.
- Implement a functional team structure and populate with well motivated personnel for the supervision of Egina EPC and LLI contractor organizations for the attainment of project.
- Drive EPC & LLI contractor’s compliance to implementation of agreed Nigerian Content levels for the projects. Evolve surveillance strategy that shall spotlight challenging situations and recovery of lost time.
- Manage costs of project execution and control work schedule to restrict overruns. Develop and implement change control procedures to enable effective handling of changes to project scope of work
- In conjunction with relevant HQ entities, organize statutory technical review/ audits (HAZID, HAZOPs, PTR, etc) as per TOTAL rules for validation.
- Implement the project HSE Plan and make HSE top priority for the project. Promote company HSE culture and work methodology at all project worksites.
- Perform risk assessment to identify and manage major risks on the project.
- Multiple work locations notwithstanding, implement measures to control quality of work done to TOTAL standards and ensure compliance of contractor activities to the project Quality Plan.
- Manage internal and external interface commitments to ensure timely supply of agreed deliverables to other Egina work packages and intra work teams.
- Manage relations with the authorities, partners and regulatory agencies to ease procurement of necessary statutory and technical approvals for project execution.
- Establish and maintain efficient working relationship with relevant TOTAL HQ divisions for technical support during project execution.
- Engineering degree in any of Oil & Gas key engineering disciplines. Training in resource management a plus
- Many years of experience in offshore environment, deep-water issues, safety, engineering, construction, commissioning, installation and hook up, contract negotiation, cost control, planning, contractor management. Offshore.
- Professional Experience – Minimum of 20 years overall experience in oil & gas facilities, engineering, construction and projects.
- Project Management experience – minimum of 10 years
- Knowledge of French will be very useful
- Good level of English necessary
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
Application Closing Date
19th August, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: