RusselSmith Group Job Vacancies for NDT Technician Nigeria 2013
RusselSmith Group is a company created to to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
RusselSmith Group is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Position: NDT Technician
Job Reference Code: RS-OD-07
- 3-5 years
- Wide knowledge and vast experience in certain fields of NDT e.g. UT, ECI, PCN, MPI, RT, DPI etc.
- Must have several certifications that will ascertain his technical and applicable knowledge in NDT (i.e. UT, ECI, PCN, MPI, RT, DPI etc).
- Intensive experience in fabrication and mainly in the piping, Vessels, Structural Steel etc.
- Knowledge and experience in all QC related activities in Piping, welding, related Piping fabrication, Equipment, Tanks, Painting, Fireproofing & Insulation, Verification of Piping and Test packages.
- Valid BOSIET or HUET Offshore Certification
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Committed to delivering a timely and professional service to clients.
- Knowledge and Adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good housekeeping standards
Summary of Functions:
- To carry out inspection of Structural Steel, Vessels and Piping, Coordinates Non Destructive Testing (NDT) activities and review of NDT reports.
- Read and interpret the various drawings used in the projects for executing the work.
- Knowledge in preparation of test package and inspection test plan and QC procedures.
- To perform NDT as per job requirement as per request received from QC Inspectors.
- To evaluate and interpret the NDT results with respect to applicable Codes, standards, specifications and approved company procedures.
- To prepare NDT reports and certify the results.
- To demonstrate each NDT techniques to QC Engineers and Authorized Inspectors prior to perform on the job.
- To prepare reports for the demonstration of Techniques.
- To maintain the NDT equipment and instruments in good condition.
- To estimate the NDT consumables required for the type of work and to prepare request to purchase the consumables.
- To perform periodic verification of the calibration as per Code requirements.
- To coordinate with NDT subcontractor for other NDT requirements.
- Performs Nondestructive testing techniques and methods in accordance with the clients’ needs depending on the type of inspection required.
- Responsible for executing the tests using the procedures and methods to determine maximum quality of the product.
- Responsible for inspecting duties, organizes and generates reports pertaining to inspection and evaluation.
- Expected to prepare reports on all testing and evaluations done.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipments used for testing are all functioning to its maximum and according to safety regulations.
- Responsible for endorsing the equipments to repair.
- Responsible for prioritizing job orders in terms of its cost and effectiveness.
- Familiar with inspection techniques.
- Capable of completing responsibility for work projects and conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation.
- Daily reporting about progress, non compliance, technical queries and delay in work to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Mechanical Integrity Manager.
- Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of levels 1 and 2
- Hold an appropriate current First Aid certificate, to show an undertaken suitable emergency First Aid training.
- Troubleshoots any project problems; assures that equipment and materials are properly maintained for efficient operations; reports any process or equipment problems to the Project Engineer/Administrator and or Mechanical Integrity Manager.
- Actively monitor the work environment for hazards; Identify and highlight possible risk on project. Monitor evaluates and ensures that all work is being carried out safely. Implement technical and safety requirements for the project.
- Attend all tailgate, team briefing, team debriefing and safety meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Application Closing Date 28th August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Multiple applications will be disqualified. The submitted CV is to be titled in the applicant’s full name e.g. “THOMPSON DANIEL GEORGE”.