Recent Job Vacancy for State Capacity Building Officer at Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) in Nigeria 2013
the MAPS project has commenced in the seven Nigerian States namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara. Health Partners International (HP I), one of the implementing partners of the MAPS project, now seeks to employ a professional with expertise in Management and Capacity Building to coordinate all related outputs and activities in its Cross River field office. State Capacity Building Officer: Cross-River This position will be based in the Cross-River office of the MAPS Project. The Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for working with stakeholders at the State and LGA levels to strengthen capacity in Malaria program management for effectively addressing malaria prevention and control in Nigeria. S/he will work with the state level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs.
• Oversee all Malaria program management capacity building activities carried out in each state and relating to malaria prevention and control; Ensure the State and LGA stakeholders and organizations play leading roles in planning, conducting and supervising malaria prevention and control activities; Provide technical expertise at the state level to the program as it relates to all issues on capacity building for the management of malaria control;
• Provide strategic leadership at State levels to the project as it regards all issues relating to capacity building of Management for malaria prevention and control;
• Assist the State Malaria Control program to develop effective harmonization of all ‘malaria control activities at State and LGA
- A medical doctor with post-graduate qualification in Public Health or other related disciplines in health and medical sciences.
- An extensive knowledge of management in Public health, policy development and health systems in Nigeria; as well as capacity building tools is required.
- A significant track record in program and people management at state level is required for this position.
- S/he must have a minimum of 4-years’ experience in Capacity Building.
- Previous experience in management of Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria is essential.
- An excellent hands-on knowledge and use of Microsoft office tools is desirable.
The appointment term will be a period of 2-years, with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers very competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions will apply.
recent CV through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net All applications must be submitted latest Thursday, 19th September, 2013. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.