Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Data Control Lead
Job ID: F37039
Job Location: Lagos , Nigeria
- Shell aspires to implement project execution processes and systems that will position it as an Oil and Gas industry leader. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Project IM function and thus to the success of Capital Projects and technical integrity of the operating Assets. Incumbent will be working with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, implementing and improving global IM standards and identifying innovative IM solutions.
- To this end the Data Control Lead will implement the control systems, processes, procedures and work instructions as per the Information Management Plan, which will follow either the Brownfield standards or the Contract Information Specification. In a capital project, Data Control focuses on equipment and tag classes and properties delivered by design and execution contractors and equipment vendors. The Data is collected to be uploaded into target applications and systems used by the various asset operation teams, including the clean-up and migration of Legacy Data for existing assets.
- Liaise with relevant support groups to deliver and configure data management tools to support management of data through the project lifecycle.
- Ensure successful and regular data validation / business assurance and handover to Operations.
- Maintain the project reference data libraries for each data-oriented application
- Ensure that Data Management Plans are developed & implemented by the major execution contractors and equipment vendors.
- Prepare Data handover to all parties i.e. Commissioning,OR&A and Operations relevant to the needs of the next project phase
- Assist OR&A in developing approach to Computerized Maintenance Management System ( (CMMS) build and ensuring delivery for all Projects.
- Deliver Engineering Data Warehouse Implementation and Smart Plant Suites for both Brownfield and Greenfield Projects
- Supervise a team of project data controllers and/or manage data control services rendered by a third party provider, often split over a number of locations around the World.
- Develop all Data Strategies and Plans for each of the Projects in SNEPCo’s Deepwater Projects
- Coach and Mentor subordinates to high skill levels within set period agreed with IM Delivery Team Lead.
- Bachelors Degree from Sciences, Social Sciences or Engineering. MSC, MBA, Project management certificate (PMP), Project management association (PMA), Records and Information Management Awareness Foundation or any other relevant Information Management certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years industry experience (post-NYSC) as Data Controller with knowledge of document control processes and systems on Major Capital Projects and EPC interface management.
- Awareness of Data/Records Management principles and implementation methods.
- Substantial / Extensive experience in Information Management in Capital Projects; previous exposure as a Data Controller is compulsory.
- Previous experience of working in an Asset operations & maintenance team will be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience of Operations Readiness (OR) activities including CMMS build and of managing as-built data and documents;
- Experience of working with Engineering Data Warehouse (EDW) systems preferable.
- Sound understanding of the Project and Maintenance Engineering environment and awareness of the associated business processes.
- Good working knowledge of the Project Data Control and relevant processes, familiar with data-modeling methodology.
- Sound understanding on the IM SoW and Information Specification, DEP Engineering Information Specification (EIS) and the related documents.
- Knowledge of engineering applications in terms of data content, for example E-Spir, PDMS, P&ID, SPEL, SPI, SAP/PM; working knowledge of (at least some) project reporting software such as Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access and Excel.
- Strong in influencing delivery through others.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
Mode Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 30th August , 2013