Recent Job Recruitment at Shell Petroleum Development Company : Well Engineer, Cementing in Nigeria 2013
Shell companies have been finding and producing oil and gas and currently seeks the services of a Well Engineer, Cementing. We are around the world for over a century. Today, we have interests in exploration and production ventures in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 90,000 people.
This is a technically challenging work environment characterised by a continuing need for research, the pursuit of new technology, and the adoption of new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that encourages and rewards innovation, collaboration and the ability to learn from success as well as failure.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It is capable of producing an average of over one million barrels of oil equivalent per day. The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job Title: Well Engineer, Cementing Job ID: F36168
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Ensure suitable,non-damaging and cost effective drilling/completion fluids are designed and programmed.
- Evaluate proposals from vendors for introduction of new systems and products into our operations.
- Follow up/monitor to highlight and technically evaluate problem areas for improvement in cost effectiveness of drilling fluids.
- Resolution of problems beyond the immediate capacity of the mud consultants involved in the day to day monitoring of drilling fluids performance.
- Introduce new fluids technologies in for extended reach horizontal,multi-lateral and HPHT wells.
- Review and update of SPDC drilling/completion fluids and cementing standards,whenever necessary.
- Participate actively in the preparation and award of drilling/completion fluids contracts.
- Work ahead of HSE legislation to develop mud systems that comply with existing and pending legislation.
- Continually explore effective and economic ways of increasing use of local products in our contracts.
- Work with Environmental and Waste Management Departments to ensure that current practices meet regulatory requirements.
- University degree in Engineering or the Sciences.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the oil industry especially in Well Engineering.
- Strong knowledge in well planning, well design and programming, drilling/completion fluids chemistry, borehole stability and failure mechanisms.
Application Closing Date
30th September 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online