Recent Career Vacancy at Addax Petroleum for Senior Production Technologist Nigeria 2013
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas, exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Production Technologist (OML 126/137)
Job Number: NIGAM0006
Job Location: Lagos
- Provide technical and operational support on all production engineering, drilling and completion matters for the maximisation of the economic recovery of Addax’s oil and gas reserves from both mature and new oilfields in his assigned area.
- Monitors and evaluates well, reservoir, facilities and field performance in his assigned area together with all attendant production technology aspects.
- Actively engages in problem identification and solving in connection with the total production process.
- Initiate and participates in the design and construction of wells.
- Supervises mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff.
- Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to production technology.
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Actively monitor and evaluate well performance data. Within-in the asset team take a lead in production problem diagnosis, well performance monitoring and optimisation of well throughput.
- Have an excellent knowledge of gas lift operations and be able to design, operate and optimise a gas lift system.
- Have an excellent understanding of well construction and completion issues and techniques.
- Must be able to interface with the drilling group and provide real time support to drilling well construction issues.
- Initiate and participate in the design and programming of well completions, with the aim of optimising well inflow performance and maximising recoverable reserves.
- Have an excellent understanding in the area of sand control. Needs to be able to interpret log, core data and production requirements to come up with reasoned sand control recommendations. Needs to be aware of technology and techniques within this environment and understand the well construction pros and cons to various techniques.
- Have an excellent knowledge of horizontal completion techniques in an unconsolidated environment. Some of this knowledge to be gained from onsite experience.
- Have experience in the use of intelligent completions and the design and implementation of such completions in a subsea environment.
- Must have an excellent understanding of PVT analysis.
- Must be able to identify well problems and formulate solutions through proposals for well interventions that will improve productivity.
- Needs to be able to provide Production Technology input to field development plans, including well completion design, well performance prediction, optimum artificial lift method, production chemistry issues, processing facilities, HSE issues, formation evaluation issues, and the risks and uncertainties associated with these.
- Advise operating departments on the physical constraints applicable to the well / reservoir / field production (e.g. sand, water, gas production, scaling potential).
- Should be able to help in the design, implementation and analysis of drill stem tests in a subsea environment.
- Liaise with other disciplines / departments and Production technology peers in APDNL and APS.
- Actively search for improvements and keep abreast of new technologies within the Production Technology field.
- Using well performance simulation software to optimise inflow, artificial lift applications, completion design and tubular selection for new wells and workover candidates. Use the same software to match actual well performance.
- Participate in operational duties outside office hours.
- Needs to have the experience of and be able to conduct offshore supervision of operations should novel or new equipment or techniques be utilised offshore.
- Must have excellent presentation skills and be able to present to internal and external bodies.
- Preferable to have experience in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Respects and implements Company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility.
- Participates in operational duties outside office hours.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals (Preliminary – to be agreed):
- Safety objectives as defined
- Production targets for the asset
- Capex discipline with respect to budget and targets
- Opex discipline with respect to budget and targets
- Travel requirements
- Minimum of ten years practical production technology experience with an operating company or specialist service company.
- High computer literacy.
- B.Sc degree in Physics, Chemical, Petroleum or Mining Engineering.
- Attend appropriate training courses in the subject up to a skilled level of Production Technologist.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of well completion design, well intervention activities, well modelling and production optimisation.
- Clear and effective decision making is required and rapid response a necessity to many operational, production and drilling issues that arise.
- The ability to communicate well and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2013