GlaxoSmithKline GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GSK is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Inspector
Ref No: 120913-2
Job Location : Agbara
Reporting To : Quality Assurance Manager
The job exists to provide effective coverage for all quality parameters by monitoring the production activities and processes to achieve total quality assurance.
The job scope covers:
- Independent quality audit of production processes, equipment, environment and products
- Monitoring compliance with minimum Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Environment, Health & Safety requirements
- Sampling and good inventory management of retained samples
- Environmental monitoring of production and storage areas
- Undertake general audit of production processes, equipment and products (intermediate and finished) in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), GlaxoSmithKline Global Quality Policies (GQP) and National Regulatory Standards for Pharmaceutical production, to ensure consistent quality of products from batch to batch.
- Implement strict compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice to ensure quality standard of GSK products
- Document incidences of violations and product quality complaints in line with the Quality policy
- Undertake final spot-check of finished products in Quarantine Store to ascertain quality Conformance and facilitate their timely release for sale
- Implement withdrawal of retained samples for storage to ensure representative retention of Products before the expiration of such products
- Ensure retrieval of both retained samples and batch records in record time in compliance with GMP expectations on documentation
- Undertake general quality inspection of finished goods/raw materials warehouse and other storage rooms to ensure finished goods/raw materials are kept at specified storage conditions
- Undertake daily and weekly monitoring and recording of temperature, pressure differential and relative humidity of both manufacturing and storage areas to ensure that operations are carried out within specified condition/ specification
- Partake in all trouble shooting activities that may occur on production lines to ensure that the cause is identified and solution found without compromising quality
- B.Sc in Sciences related degree preferably Pharmacy, Chemistry & Biochemistry.
- Must be IT literate
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- High level of integrity
- Sound knowledge of process audit techniques
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2013