Latest Job Vacancy in Covenant University for Academic Staff Vacancies in Nigeria 2013
Covenant University – In line with her quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base, Covenant University seeks to attract research active and experienced Senior Academics in the
Professorial and Senior Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research. They should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
Professors/Associate Professors & Senior
Lecturers in the following
College of Science &Technology (CST)
A. School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information & Communication Engineering
B. School of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Computer& Information Sciences
C. School of Environmental Sciences
- Estate Management
- Building Technology
College of Development Studies (CDS)
A. School of Business
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management
B. School of Social Sciences
- Demography & Social Statistics
- International Relations
- Policy & Strategic Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
C. School of Human Development
- Mass Communication
Qualifications and Requirements
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for their respective disciplines as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
1.) Professor: Ph.D degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, etc.
Also, required is at least 10 years post qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience. Research-active Professors who meet prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to Research Scholar Scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration to such grade of academics.
2.) Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professors but with at least 8years post-qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
3.) Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professors but with at least 5 years post-qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
Unique Package For Eminent Scholars:
Remuneration and Other Conditions of Service
Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The University goes to any length to offer a globally-competitive, career- fulfilling package which is arguably one of the best in the world. This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non-salary package as indicated below:
Academic Salary Structure (CUASS)
(CUASS 12 = 3,621,840 – 5,034,720)
(CUASS 13 = 4,413,348 – 5,810,616)
(CUASS 14 = 5,356,572 – 6,983,568)
Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special package according to their various ratings. There will also be special allowances for priority programme areas.
Special package also awaits Faculty from the Diaspora.
The University in addition provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (physical, moral and spiritual) environment that allows focus and concentration;
- Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions;
- 24-hour Campus security and intelligence crew;
- 24-hour electricity and water supply;
- Residential arrangement for both staff and students, etc.
- Maintenance of a stable academic calendar
- Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre);
- State-of-the-art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Full internet services;
- Sponsorship of International and Local Conferences;
- Research and Development Grants;
Method of Application:
Interested candidates for the positions advertised should submit:
- Ten (10) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae (stating their names; dates of birth; states of origin/nationality; marital status, etc);
- Institutions attended (with dates);
- Salary and employer;
- Extra curricular activities;
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of the 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree; and
- Three (3) sets of credentials.
- Academic and professional qualifications (with dates); honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional associations or affiliations;
- Statement of personal research focus and institutional academic development plan;
- Working experience;
- Present employment;
- Employment status;
Applications should be submitted within 12th September, 2013, either directly to the Registrar’s Office or by postage in a sealed envelope indicating at the top the post applied for. In addition, soft copy should be forwarded to: “email@example.com” The sealed envelope should be sent to:
Km 10, Idiroko Road, Canaan land,
P.M.B 1023, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
Application Deadline 12th September, 2013