Jobs vacancy for Erudite Scholars at Kaplan International-Northeastern University partnership Lagos Nigeria 2013
The Kaplan Pathway Program was created by the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU) to provide an academically rigorous pathway for talented Nigerian students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in the US. The program offers successful students admission to a top US college or university, 20 credits towards a bachelor’s degree, comprehensive English preparation, and a supportive learning environment.
Kaplan International-Northeastern University partnership, Lagos, Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lecturer in American Studies and Academic Skills
Job Location: Lagos
Fixed term: from 10 weeks up to 7 months, with possibility of renewal
We are now inviting applications for American Studies and Academic Skills teachers and lecturers for the academic year 2013/2014. Teachers may be required to contribute to basic internet technology courses and study skills teaching. The positions are best suited to experienced teachers with international experience who are willing to work as part of a small team.
Teaching will take place in a brand new facility in Victoria Island, Lagos – the most prestigious business district in Nigeria. Staff accommodation will also be provided in the same building. This exciting project is the first of its kind in Africa and has the support of the US consulate and Nigerian Government student sponsor bodies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree from a US university in American Studies or relevant subject
- 2 years teaching experience
- The ability to contribute to integrated teaching across the curriculum
- An understanding of US/Western higher education and the needs and requirements of international students
- Direct experience of further and higher education in an international context
- Demonstrable cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- A commitment to teamwork, to working flexibly and to seeking solutions to problems
- Experience of academic assessment and standards and of quality assurance procedures.
- PhD from a US university in a related subject area
- 5 years teaching experience
- Specific experience of education in Africa
- Experience of the development of academic programs in Africa
- Experience of living and working in Africa
- Highly competitive salary
- Fixed term contract from 7 weeks up to 7 months, with possibility of renewal
- Free staff accommodation provided (including all bills) on the brand new Victoria Island, Lagos campus
- High speed internet provided in the accommodation
- Medical insurance provided
- Return flights from a major US gateway provided
- Highly competitive salary
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via our online application form at: https://kaplanaspect.wufoo.com/forms/q7q9p5/ with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Further details on the Kaplan Pathway Programs are available at:
www.kic.org.uk/pathways/about/office/nigeria and www.chinapathways.us/en/index.html
Information on all Kaplan programs can be found at www.kaplan.com
Application Deadline: On-going