Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Construction Superintendent located in Escravos, Nigeria through September 4, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Housing is in a camp environment. Malaria & other tropical diseases are prevalent – necessitating preventive treatment program. Medical facilities in camp are sufficient for basic health and emergency care. Tropical environment with high humidity and average temperatures ranging between 74 and 86 degrees F and average rainfall of 71 inches. Camp access is primarily by charter aircraft to landing strip inside camp.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position:
Job Title: Construction Superintendent
Requisition Number: 037131703
Job Location: Escravos, Delta State, Nigeria
- Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manage the overall FE-MCP construction organization for NMA including JV Area Construction Superintendents; MCP Construction Managers that are responsible for field construction activities; Survey Group; and EGTL Operations-Construction Group.
- Under the leadership of the Construction Superintendent, the Area superintendents manage the execution of Offshore, Terminal and Onshore Areas construction projects – small to major capital and expense projects with varying complexities using CPDEP, OE, CSOC and Construction procedures through commissioning.
- Support and provide constructability and field execution input to project teams during CPDEP 1 – 3.
- Pipelay Campaign, miscellaneous offshore/Onshore/Terminal facility upgrade projects, Onshore Pipeline Repair and provision of shared services and construction support to the MCPs.
- Act as a key member of the Facilities Engineering Leadership Team/PDC as well as Operations Leadership Team.
- Act as a single point of contact for Operations senior Leadership and a key technical and mentoring resource for all Construction personnel.
- Hold PMP accountability for 55 Construction employees including 10 Direct Reports.
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 20 years construction experience with a minimum of 15 year Offshore construction assignment.
- Demonstrated HES leadership and performance.
- Visible safety leadership and proven champion for safety programs and safe work practices in construction.
- Good understanding of safety in design and construction practices.
- Experience in conducting pre-mobilization inspections, evaluating contractor safety plans, managing poor contractor/sub contractor safety performance, SIMOPS, emergency response, security, incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Self confidence, resilience, tenacity and patience due to the significant impact from local community issues.
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership, coaching and mentoring including to national employees.
- Excellent planning and collaboration skills.
- Customer focus and ability to work with support groups and team members with multiple reporting lines.
- Proven competence in setting clear expectations, inspiring shared vision and enabling high performance.
- Construction management experience in projects upwards of $50 million -track record of successful start-up and meeting budget and project milestones.
- Strong prior construction experience with onshore & offshore pipelines, brownfield oil & gas facilities and civil infrastructure projects.
- Solid project planning experience -developing and executing SIMOP plans, shut-down plans, detailed construction work execution plans.
- Knowledge of contract development and management, QA/QC processes, commissioning & start-up.
- Good knowledge of design and construction codes, specifications and practices.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively engage/communicate at all levels.
- Good listening skills.
- Proven ‘can do’ attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to live and work in a multicultural, complex, stressful and often hostile environment.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 9th September,