Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility,we are seeking for highly qualified, proactive, well organized and motivated individuals to reinforce our team.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Asst. Safety Manager
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Ref: ASM/08/13
- Manage the operations of contractors and external visitors and ensure that they comply with safety guidelines.
- Advise on OHS trends and indicators.
- Consult with external authorities and other industry/company experts in order to keep abreast of regulatory changes and industry best practice.
- Monitor and inspect fire infra facilities and ensure reliability in event of fire emergency.
- Conduct routine drills to test Emergency preparedness for all likely emergency scenarios.
- Provide first aid facilities and ensure that first Aid replaceable kits are up to date, available and accessible.
- Provide and maintain Walk ways and ensure that vehicle and Pedestrian walkways are not obstructed.
- Issue Work Permits for Hazardous tasks upon risk assessment of task.
- Provide Timely logging of incidents and ensure closure in the IMCR Database.
- Conduct inspection of forklift trucks and monitor the activities of forklift operators.
- Conduct safety inspections of material handling equipment.
- Ensure safe warehouse stacking of materials and finished products.
- Conduct toolbox talks and pep talks.
- Inspect all modifications and installation plant and equipment before commissioning.
- Conduct regular inspections and monitoring of the premises.
- Conduct Safety inspection of equipment including machine safeguarding, portable electrical devices.
- Conduct routine inspection of first aid kits and facilities.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Safety Management System on KORE and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Prioritise and provide advice in a timely manner on OHSAS 18001 implementation.
- Supervise the Plant’s Health and Safety program.
- Facilitate internal audits of the safety management systems.
- Seek out and/or provide Health & Safety problem solving ideas and solutions in response to issues identified that reflect best practice within the company or industry.
- Review all safety rules on a regular basis and, where necessary, recommend suitable changes.
- Investigate all accidents and damage to Plant property, identify root causes and recommend action to prevent re-occurrance.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of Safety reports to plant management and to Head office.
- Maintain accident records and other safety documentation.
Qualifications and Skills
- HND/B.Eng (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering).
- Health & Safety qualification(OHSAS 18001 and NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health) Membership of a professional H&S Institute.
- At least 4 years experience in managerial role.
- Good track record on previous roles.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply online
Application Deadline: 27th August, 2013