Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export. The company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited, which provides shipping services for NLNG and Nigeria LNG Ship Manning Limited which provides personnel for all of NLNG’s Vessels.Our LNG is delivered to ports in cities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Analyst
Ref No: PP/2013/001
Job Location : Bonny
The appointee will be required to analyse and develop optimum value demand management and category strategies for all high volume bought-in direct and indirect materials (excluding feed gas) required to fulfil Company’s contractual (production & delivery), statutory, administrative and social obligations.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, together with senior buyers and business areas, material demand forecasts, planning and budgeting to support planned activities for high / frequent consumption materials.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of annual procurement plans for the different business areas, to ensure consistent standards and results are achieved in the planned sourcing and delivery of materials for key business activities.
- Analyse procurement data & plans (category spend, productivity, strategic vendor relationship management etc.) regularly to review progress against baseline, and recommend corrective measures where necessary to ensure high implementation level for spend portfolios & categories.
- Develop and implement strategies (e.g. buying house, purchase price and supply agreements, contract price agreements etc., as required) across all business areas for high volume spend areas, to ensure high percentage of planned optimal solutions are available to source & deliver required materials, based on use of leverage (e.g. aggregation, standardisation, consolidation etc.), risk assessment, cost drivers, market analysis, and value maximization (- including Nigerian Content) of category spend on a life cycle basis.
- Monitor and provide assurance of compliance with the Deming (plan-do-check-review) work cycle by the procurement activity areas (i.e. planning, MR processing, expediting and price agreements), to ensure effectiveness of service delivery to internal customers.
- Prepare, present and defend (where necessary) category submissions (strategy, enquiry and/or award) for materials within allocated business area to Company committees (e.g. Tender Committees) to obtain approvals in accordance with delegated financial authority for commitment processing.
- Prepare, review, vet and/or issue enquiry and/or price agreement documents for transactions, incorporating general and specific controls applicable ( – including regulatory, HSE, technical, commercial, Nigerian Content and logistics requirements) to ensure timely delivery of fit-for purpose materials, within allocated categories.
- Communicate and regularly interface with key internal & external stakeholders throughout the supply chain and advise on procurement embedded in activities (e.g. projects, contracts, agreements etc.), ensuring adequate information is available to stakeholders.
- Prepare commercial negotiation strategies and commercial negotiations with vendors, resolving commercial disputes and claims arising from business transactions.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a University degree (minimum of Second Class Upper). Membership of The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) UK or Nigeria, or Institute of Supply Management (ISM) US or equivalent at a diploma or certified level is an advantage.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years post-NYSC experience; out of which minimum of 4 years must have been in Contracting and Procurement role in a reputable organization.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2013