Nigeria LNG Limited was incorporated as a limited liability company on May 17, 1989, to harness Nigeria’s vast natural gas resources and produce Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) for export. The company has a wholly-owned subsidiary, Bonny Gas Transport (BGT) Limited, which provides shipping services for NLNG and Nigeria LNG Ship Manning Limited which provides personnel for all of NLNG’s Vessels.Our LNG is delivered to ports in cities around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Cost Engineer
Ref No: PP/2013/006
Job Location : Bonny
The appointee will be required to provide Company with total cost management services including preparation of cost work breakdown structure, cost estimating, post projects contract cost management and cost control support to aid management make informed decisions at various value assurance gates, minimize successful contractual claims, achieve value for money, contribute to company’s good corporate image, meet projects objectives and ultimately contribute to achievement of Cost Leadership in the management of projects and budget.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate different design proposals and establish optimum cost and challenge contractors bids as may be necessary and provide details of cost, quantities, and work hours for cost benchmarking to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the Projects.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date cost database for the preparation of accurate cost estimates for budget planning, project screening and investment decisions to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the Projects.
- Develop and agree valuation schedules and implement valuation of project work done, prepare variation accounts and timely/quality payment certificates and final accounts for all Projects to achieve effective project contract cost management and budget performance.
- Produce timely and quality cost estimates/Bills of Quantities/MTOs for budget planning, project screening and investment decisions in line with Departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to achieve value for money and Cost Leadership for the Projects.
- Develop Enquiry Schedules of Rates, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Time Resources, Bills of Quantities and Materials Take –Off (MTO) for to achieve a standard, uniform and consistent bid document to Company’s Contract & Procurement Department (CPM) to facilitate effective and common basis for job pricing by vendors, ensure efficient, transparent and auditable bid analysis and support effective post contract management of projects.
- Develop tender analysis models for schedule of rates contracts to aid management’s decision to award call-off contracts and ultimately achieve value for money.
- Contribute to projects change management process by analyzing trends and potential change impact on project cost, assessing, negotiating and agreeing valuation of variations (change orders) with contractors and advise project leaders in respect of raising financial commitments and obtaining authorities for variations to achieve proper project cost control and value for money.
- Maintain a database of all current projects contracts, including current site estimates, original, current and forecast final status in respect of cost and progress to ensure consistency, integrity, quick retrieval of cost information to keep cost within approved budget.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree (minimum of Second Class Upper) in an engineering discipline / Quantity Surveying. Membership of any relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years post-NYSC experience, out of which minimum of 4 years must have been spent in project engineering / design / construction activities in a reputable organization preferably in the Oil and Gas industry
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2013