GVA Partners is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Linux Admin/VAS Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
The successful candidate will coordinate, schedule and follow up on all main actions linked to the VAS platform; S/He must be able to analyse periodically all events on the network, in order to establish corrective actions and ensure safety of data and access to the platform.
- Conceptualize, design and monitor procedures to manage all VAS & IN platforms; preparation/ analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc)
- Develop mobile and web applications
- Develop documentation process and procedures for managing VAS network and provide the necessary information required for implementation
- Planning/ implementation of systems and network checklists- perform engineering level network planning and design for all WANS and LANs installed
- Develop a global security plan to ensure safety of data and access to the platform
- Deploy new products and services.
- Manage all IS infrastructure and security as well as implementation of network upgrades
- Ensure systems/ servers are always up, running and backed up
- Liaise with technical partners on interface issues with the telecommunication networks
- Participate in vendor selection process including: requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor evaluation, procurement, etc
- Ensure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructures
- Ensure that all Service Level Agreements are in place and adhered to by technical services team to the business.
- Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management; minimum of 5 years experience in VAS solutions.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
Requirements and Competencies
- Familiar with VAS equipments and platform (exposure to the single-wire gateway an added advantage)
- Familiar with telecommunication technology architecture
- Working knowledge of Microsoft IIS and ASP.NET; Web/ Internet content filtering.
- Stakeholder- relationship management skills
- Planning, analytical and project management skills
- Domain name, service configuration and management; antivirus management and firewall configuration
- Network Optimisation: High speed LANs based on fast Ethernet technologies, Local to WAN connections, wireless LAN, TCP/IP and other protocols
- Programming skills (Visual, Basic and / Java); Operating systems/Database : Windows (2003, XP, Vista, Red-Hat Linux (Shell Scripting), Oracle DB, SQL, Php, Java)
- Microsoft Application Suites: Office 2003 (English), Visio and Project
- Hardware: Administration and setup of Intel / Dell servers and PC systems with the following peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memory and network cards
- Good communication skills and strong customer centric focus.
Mode of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE, STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT FIELD OF THE MAIL.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2013