The USAID supported Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in seven states. Activities in the MAPS project has commenced in the seven Nigerian States namely; Benue, Cross-River, Ebonyi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara.
Health Partners International, one of the implementing partners of the MAPS project, now seeks to employ a professional with expertise in Management and Capacity Building to coordinate all related outputs and activities in its Cross River field office.
Job Title: State Capacity Building Officer
Job Location: Cross-River
- The Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for working with stakeholders at the State and LGA levels to strengthen capacity in Malaria program management for effectively addressing malaria prevention and control in Nigeria;
- S/he will work with the state level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs;
Additional key responsibilities include;
- Oversee all Malaria program management capacity building activities carried out in each state and relating to malaria prevention and control;;
- Ensure the State and LGA stakeholders and organizations play leading roles in planning, conducting and supervising malaria prevention and control activities;
- Provide technical expertise at the state level to the program as it relates to all issues on capacity building for the management of malaria control;
- Provide strategic leadership at State levels to the project as it regards all issues relating to capacity building of Management for malaria prevention and control;
- Assist the State Malaria Control program to develop effective harmonization of all malaria control activities at State and LGA levels;
- A medical doctor with post-graduate qualification in Public health or other related disciplines in health and medical science.
- An extensive knowledge of management in Public health, policy development and health systems in Nigeria; as well as capacity building tools is required.
- A significant track record in program and people management at state level is required for this position.
- S/he must have a minimum of 4-years’ experience in Capacity Building.
- Previous experience in management of Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria is essential.
- An excellent hands-on knowledge and use of Microsoft office tools is desirable.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline: 19th September, 2013