Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas, exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Project Manager Antan
Job Number: NOGFA0010
Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for the management of all project execution activities, from Detailed Engineering through to handover to Production of the Antan Project, including securing necessary regulatory approvals.
- The Antan field is located in OML 123 at a water depth of approximately 40 m. Recoverable reserves (2P) are estimated at 15 MMB and estimated production is expected to peak at 12,000 BOPD.
- The project comprises a well head platform equipped with electric submersible pumps to artificially lift the expected crude from 6-off slim hole wells, with production routed to the existing Knock Adoon (KAD) FPSO via a dedicated 12” x 4.5km pipeline. The required electrical power generation and distribution facilities will also be installed on the WHP and fuel gas will be provided to the WHP via a 4” x 4.5 km pipeline from the KAD.
- FID was given in Nov 12 and the project is being executed on a fast track basis with Ready For Start Up targeted for Jun 14 and an estimated Facilities cost of $US 170 million.
- Most notably, this project is being executed under a recently established Alliance between Company and a relatively inexperienced, but fully committed, indigenous contractor.
- Manage the execution of the Antan project via the Corporate “ADS” stage gate approval process.
- Review existing Project Management procedures to identify adequacy for this Project, amend where required and seek internal approval of all changes. In particular establish, monitor and maintain up to date HSES and Quality Plans including preparation of an Antan specific safety case.
- Identify and assemble appropriate Project Management Team to successfully manage and execute the Antan project whilst taking due regard of the current Alliance organisation and support services available.
- Maintain a project risk register and develop mitigation plans for all major identified risks.
- Maintain Project budgets, identify and raise Approval-For-Expenditure requests (AFE’s), and monitor the same.
- Carry out monthly Forecast At Completion (FAC) cost estimation exercises.
- Minimum of a University 2nd Class Honours degree in an engineering or relevant technical discipline.
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 25 years experience in project, engineering and construction management, with at least 15 years recently at project management level in the offshore upstream oil and gas industry.
- Previous experience of working in Nigeria is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience working internationally is a prerequisite.
- Managed multidiscipline teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MSProject ).
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply online
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2013