Synapse Services is a Center for Psychological Medicine, based within the Abuja metropolis, that specializes in the provision of psychological and counseling services, inpatient facilities/treatment and rehabilitation services. We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health. In addition to pioneering mental health treatment in Nigeria we also currently have some franchise businesses that we are just introducing to Nigeria.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Location: Abuja
General Manager: the General Manager reports to the Medical Director/CEO and is responsible for the overall management of the staff and operations of Synapse Services. S/he manages all departments (Operations, Business development, Administrative and other relevant departments) on a daily basis; providing leadership and direction to ensure that the Centre objectives are successfully delivered.
Core Job Functions:
- Increases Centre s effectiveness by recruiting, orienting, training, communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives and developing a climate for offering information and opinions as well as supervising and disciplining all staff.
- Establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Exercises complete responsibility for the attainment of Centre s objectives and as such sets the strategy and direction for Operations, Business development and Administrative teams to achieve business, corporate and client objectives consistent with the leadership vision.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with management staff. Lead development activities to guarantee a culture of continuous improvement, compliance with standards and regulations whilst reducing overall operating costs.
- Performs the role of the Standard Bearer; maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and staff performance standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensures the achievement of the agreed objectives for all teams are in line with agreed budgets and timescales.
- Supervise maintenance of preferred staffing levels
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees in enforcing ethical business and sector practices.
- Maintains professional knowledge; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of first degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with SME s in the Health Sector an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional associations.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience with 3 years in a Senior Management position.
- Proven track record of consistently delivering results.
- An ability to negotiate effectively and at the highest level together with excellent computer and numeracy skills.
Mode of Application
Interested and suitably qualified applicant should submit their applications to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- the subject of the email should be General manager failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline: 26th September, 2013