Adexen is pioneering in HR and Recruitment Process Optimization to service its customers. All clients enjoy the flexibility of choosing dedicated Onshore, Nearshore, or Offshore services.
Our HR and Advisory consultants have many years experience of working with leading multinationals and large local companies across Africa and other emerging markets. Whether you are considering implementation of a new HR strategy or a move to outsource your resourcing function then our consultants can offer advice on a creative solution to your problem.
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a new start-up Data Centre company in Nigeria. The company offer an integrated solution centre to provide Co-location data hosting services to telecommunication companies, banks, internet service providers and other companies within Nigeria.
Job Title: Data Centre Project Manager
Job reference: NGA1407
Sector: IT & Telecom – Nigeria – Western Africa
Job Location: Lagos
The Program Manager, will develop engagement models with internal and external stakeholders that clearly define accountabilities and responsibilities in support of The Company Program and then hold them accountable for commitments.
- Works with Migration Design and Data Centre leaders to identify and prioritize program deliverables, dependencies, and critical path items
- Communicates program expectations to all team members and stakeholders
- Identifies, assess and manages risks to the success of the Data Centre Co-location program and ensures stakeholders have information to make effective decisions
- Provides thought leadership on all aspects of the program in order to ensure successful delivery
- Establishes the appropriate tools and processes to meet program goals.
- Influences program sponsor to make the appropriate decisions and modifications in response to external influences on the program.
- Effectively communicates highly complex ideas and issues at multiple levels of leadership, including executive leadership
- Maintains a solid understanding of the industry and incorporates best practices as they emerge
- Ensure appropriate visibility into assigned programs to all levels of management, up to and including executive management.
- The Project Manager, will have input to the on-going financial elements of the program as well as provide financial tracking and regular reporting on the program.
- The Program Manager, will maintain a broad view of centralized budgets and assist Operations management in identifying and resolving funding issues across the various co-location initiatives
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to assure a smooth in-take of DC co-location projects while assuring priorities across the various groups are in synch.
- Resolves conflicts across internal and external teams in a timely manner
- Controls program deliverables, scope, expectations, and coordinates program progress with sponsors, steering committees, and senior leadership.
- Interfaces independently with all functional and business areas affected by Data Centre Co-location – works closely with functional resource managers to ensure adequate allocation of resources to projects
- Develops and delivers program reports, proposals, and requirements documentation to senior leadership and key stakeholders – work with Delivery teams to produce executive reports on the projects and keep leadership apprised of project scope, cost, or schedule changes
- Defines program success criteria and reviews throughout the project life cycle
- Experience with and understanding of data centre infrastructure and migration practices
- Previous experience with large scale deployment and migration of technology services
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in scope, timelines, and requirements
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business unit contacts, and data centre peers
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Strong program management experience in related industry with demonstrated achievements in planning, directing, and implementing multiple and concurrent large projects
- Strong commitment to high standards and quality service.
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example.
- Good communication skills – oral, written, IT and presentation.
- Highly motivated and performance orientated.
- Committed to development of team talent. Hands-on, performance oriented, practical and pragmatic, with a proven ability to “get the job done”.
- Proven A1+ physical health is a must. Strong work ethic, endurance and ability to work long hours under challenging operating conditions.
- Proven “staying record” – no job hopping.
- Assertive rather than aggressive.
Mode Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline: 4th September, 2013