Current Job Vacancy at Terragon for an Accountant Lagos Nigeria 2013
Terragon is a New Media Agency focused on delivering value to clients by connecting with the emotional elements of a brand in order to create a long lasting relationship between the brand and customer; using measured, targeted and cost effective mediums.
Our singular objective is to develop creative programs by tapping customer insights, tailoring the creative to each communication channel and employing technology for a seamless user experience and full measurability.
Terragon Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- Core Responsibilities shall be the following
- Prompt coding and registering of commitments in the accounting system, maintaining chart of accounts, invoice numbers.
- Maintaining account payables and accounts receivables: Collates payments due to the vendors for each unit of the business.
- Develop, implement, modify, document, record keeping, and accounting system, making efficient use of the accounting software.
- Ensuring internal control system is effected and adhered to on the assets and accounting system of the company.
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation of the accounts of the company.
- Liasing with accounting officers of other team units with respect to bills receivable, bills payable, etc
- Providing assistance to auditors with regards to scope and items needed for the audit of the financial statement of the company.
- Compute statutory taxes i.e vat, paye,local govt and preparation of tax returns, ensure compliance with payment , reporting and other tax requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. in any social science Discipline from a reputable University with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division
- Must have completed NYSC
- The candidate must have ACA or ACCA, with at least 2 to 3 years cognate experience
- Proficiency in Accounting Software; Peach Tree, Quick books.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Mode of Application
Interested Qualified applicants should forward their CVs and cover letter within 1 week of this publication to: email@example.com
- Use the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 28th August, 2013