Current Job Vacancy at GE Africa Early Career Development Program in Nigeria 2013
GE – We’re a global infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with. Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other.
Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today. From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. GE is imagination at work.
We are recruiting for:
GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Global Growth & Operations (GG&O) – Nigeria
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1845585
GE Africa’s Early Career Development Program (ECDP) is a newly created twelve month leadership program designed to give recent university/college graduates challenging work assignments, training and development, and exposure to leadership. The program combines hands on experience with formal classroom training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to become leaders in GE.
These positions will be within the Global Growth & Operations (GG&O) Business based in Nigeria and are open to recent university/college graduates with interest in either:
1) Finance OR
2) Human Resources / Talent Management & Branding
As valuable members of our team, ECDP participants will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments.
- Business mentors
- Leadership training
- Essential skills training
- Functional training
- Opportunities to network with Leaders and other ECDP members
Recent college/university graduate with not more than 2 years’ work experience /or with national service discharge (relevant degrees and/or experience preferred) – (i.e 0-2 years exp.)
For Finance / Accounting function – Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Excel and other MS packages (Word, PowerPoint), Strong analytical skills
For Human Resources function – previous relevant/related Human Resources/Recruitment experience
- Authorized to work in your country full-time and without restriction
- Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated team player
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Less than two years previous work experience.
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field will be an advantage
- High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
- Flexible, adaptable, and open to change
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline: 1st October, 2013