Current Job Vacancy at DHL in Nigeria for a Marketing & Communications Manager – West Africa 2013
DHL Jobs in Nigeria for a Marketing & Communications Manager – West Africa
DHL is the global market leader in the logistics industry and “The Logistics company for the world”.
DHL commits its expertise in international express, air and ocean freight, road and rail transportation and contract logistics to its customers.
A global network composed of more than 220 countries and territories and about 300,000 employees worldwide offers customers superior service quality and local knowledge to satisfy their supply chain requirements.
DHL accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection, disaster management and education.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL. The Group generated revenue of more than 46 billion euros in 2009.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Manager – West Africa
Job ID: 6408221
We are a global logistics company looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager for the West Africa zone including the countries of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo
Provide marketing, PR, communications, sponsorship and branding support to countries, including ensuring all materials are brand-compliant and that campaigns are rolled out effectively
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, Togo
- Manage the PR planning process for each country i.e. identify their monthly story and opportunities and ensure implementation
- Provide guidance for all PR activities i.e. assist in putting together a press release, a strategy around an event/story, briefing photographers
- Identify and institute PR training – both internal (message houses, tips) and external
- Manage local PR agency (if relevant) including strategy, implementation and reporting
- Ensure coverage is reported each month by each country – i.e. # of clippings, scans and information, and meets the deadline provided
- Manage the distribution of ‘central’ stories provided by the SSA office to ensure they are distributed in the various countries
- Keep an updated list of stories from the zone, available whenever requested
- Manage the zone media list, ensuring it is updated and correct
- Ensure adequate levels of giveaways and marcomms materials are available in countries and, if not available, assist in acquiring or requesting these
- Work with other units (Pricing, Sales) to ensure successful implementation of all campaigns and opportunities
- Manage any advertising opportunities for the zone – i.e. any opportunities sent to them and then, if worthwhile, escalated to SSA Office
- Manage any requests for adaptations and local artwork, to be escalated and briefed to SSA Office
- Ensure successful implementation of all campaigns (i.e. ExpressEasy, TradeLane) within markets
- Ensure all marketing materials align to the guidelines (this also includes having a good knowledge of the guidelines and understanding what does/doesn’t conform)
- Ensure all branding in countries (vehicles, signage) conforms to guidelines and, if not, assist countries to get in line
Sponsorship, Conferences & Events
- Manage any sponsorship opportunities for the zone – i.e. any opportunities sent to them and then, if worthwhile, escalated to SSA Office
- If identified, manage sponsorship and events on the ground i.e. ensure materials and giveaways are in order, branding is correct, photographers briefed, PR and collateral is written and distributed
- Edit stories from the zone to be distributed in Connect in Brief and the DHL Weekly every Wednesday
- Distribute important information (ops updates, crisis communication) to all internal audiences
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Interface with the relevant CSR contact in each market to ensure CSR activities (GVD, WED and quarterly CSR activity) are well-executed (i.e. take place, photography done, the activity reported on, media information distributed and a story written for internal audiences)
- Provide a monthly update on issues/concerns in the various markets
- Maintain a local video and image library so that any requests for images, artwork, video can be facilitated at zone level
- Keep an up to date contact list for markets incl Country Managers, Commercial Staff that need to be engaged on specific activities
- Schedule monthly calls with the zone and/or Country Managers to discuss Marcomms activities for that month
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism and/or Public Relations
- Very strong writing skills (press releases, feature articles, opinion editorials)
- Broad based exposure to all skills areas including presentation, media relations, advertising, internal communications, graphic design, sponsorship and CSR
- At least five years’ public relations experience
- At least two years’ management experience
Proactive, dynamic, can-do spirit, persistent and determined, driven, creative, broad shoulders, a dose of humour, business acumen, a strong backbone.
Depending on experience, the salary range (full package) is between 6,000 000 and 10,000 000 NGN.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online
Application Deadline 25th July, 2013