Deloitte – Our client is one of the leading Freight and Logistics organisations in Nigeria. The organisation offers career development, career enhancement and equal opportunity in the workplace. In view of the foregoing, the client seeks to attract, motivate and retain qualified staff in respect of the vacant position:
Job Title: Operations Co-ordinator
The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day management of freight forwarding operations and personnel in addition to providing administrative support, decision making and leadership.
- Managing daily forwarding activities of the growing air, ocean and road business while effectively developing new routes and services
- Approving and reviewing freight agents’ quotations as well as customers’ invoices
- Liaison with the sales department to develop strategies for the acquisition of new customers and the retention and development of the existing ones
- Ensuring effective relationship management with clients, agents, suppliers, customs authority officials, etc.
- Maintaining communication and control throughout all phases of supply chain, including the production of management reports and statistical/unit cost analysis
- Ensuring the adherence to all rules and regulations pertaining to the freight forwarding Units
- Ensuring that a proper record keeping system is in place
Requirements for the position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with strong freight forwarding background in operations, business and development
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant certifications/qualifications in logistics/supply-chain programme
- Excellent business literacy and communication skills
Mode of Application
Interested applicants should please forward their CVs to: email@example.com.
- The position being applied for should be clearly stated in the subject of the email.
- Only applicants with the minimum requirements for the listed jobs should apply.
- Please note that applicants with multiple applications will be disqualified.
Application Deadline: 3rd September, 2013