Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas, exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Senior Petrophysicist
Job Number: NIGAM0007
Job Location: Lagos
- Ensures that the Asset team petrophysical activities are performed safely, timely and on budget.
- Provides operational and study petrophysical support to the Asset teams.
- Contributes to a consistent G&G Data Management strategy and deployment across ADDAX, including contributions to relevant asset teams and projects.
- Supervises mentors, motivates and competently develops junior staff.
- Ensures adherence to government statutory regulations in all matters relating to petrophysical activities (radioactive sources etc).
Key Accountabilities/Result Area
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Performs/supervises and documents petrophysical studies as part of the reservoir and field reviews.
- Performs and documents in Petrophysical Note for Files ‘first pass’ log interpretation for APDNL and APS teams during drilling operations and reconcile interpretation with APS.
- Participates in formation evaluation contract strategy and contract bids to ensure the most cost effective and technically sound approach is adopted.
- Provides technical / operational advice while drilling, whilst maintaining up-to-date well progress data.
- Participates in Operational Duties outside office hours.
- QC and load digital log data to Geographix.
- Establish impact of environmental corrections on acquired logs.
- Determine petrophysical evaluation parameters using all available data.
- Prepare code and perform the final petrophysical well evaluations.
- Display petrophysical results as required (e.g. depth plots, crossplots, histograms etc).
- Applies rigorous data management procedures.
- Primarily responsible for G&G data base architecture, project management, data integrity, maintenance and accessibility.
- Facilitate and advise APDNL’s Asset teams in Data Management best practices. In conjunction with the Asset teams, develop and maintain guidelines for Data Management and promote the application of these guidelines.
- Together with the IT department in APDNL ensure an adequate, fit-for-purpose infrastructure environment for Data Management.
- Manage, maintain and ensure integrity and update of APDNL’s G&G digital / analog data store.
- Act as the prime responsible facilitator/coordinator for arranging and managing smooth and timely data transfers between APD(N)L, APE(N)L, and APS.
- Technical Competencies
- Good understanding of wireline logging operations (open and cased hole), uncertainty and its impact on evaluation techniques.
- Ability to mathematically manipulate and statistically analyse large data sets, and establish their geological and petrophysical dependence.
- The ability to communicate well and get along well with other team members and functional peers, the ability to work independently within an integrated team and the willingness to seek guidance when needed are essential.
- Minimum of ten years experience in petrophysics, including exposure to production geology, seismic interpretation, reservoir engineering and geological modeling.
- High computer literacy.
- Degree in Physics, Chemical, Petroleum or Mining Engineering.
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th September, 2013