Career employment at Africa Daily Groupe (ADG) for a Managing Editor Lagos Nigeria 2013
Africa Daily Groupe (ADG) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Managing Editor
Job Location: Lagos
Africa Daily Groupe is seeking a Lagos-based Managing Editor and Special Projects Manager for hire. The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and a result-driven doer. ADG focuses on the African narrative of professionals on the continent and throughout the diaspora; the Managing Editor must encompass the ability to articulate each story. As our Managing Editor, you will play as the gatekeeper of what matters, inspires, and relates to our ADG readers. Managing Editor will also have a hand in managing the special projects within the business.
Africa Daily Groupe (ADG), is a digital publishing group focused on thoughtful, thorough reportage on a myriad of topics concerning the continent. It currently features twelve separate outlets that cover niche topics within the continent.
These Outlets are:
- Africa Art Daily
- Africa Beauty Daily
- Africa Business Daily
- Africa Film Daily
- Africa Food Daily
- Africa Jobs Daily
- Africa Models Daily
- Africa Music Daily
- Africa Tech Daily
- Africa Travel Daily
- Africa Sports Daily
- Africa Style Daily
Three more outlets / sites are scheduled to launch in 2014. In addition, ADG is home to the soon-to-be-launched quarterly publication, Africa Style Quarterly (ASQ). It was founded by journalist Zandile Blay in 2012.
- Developing editorial calendar under Editorial Director’s guidance
- Managing content on all twelve sites
- Coordinating assignments for writers
- Soliciting and managing team of writers
- Assisting Editorial Director with special projects (event planning, advertising, external networking, etc.)
- Establishing and maintaining influential contacts
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in professional editorial field
- Must have superior time management skills
- Must have keen eye to detail
- Must have strong writing skills
- College degree strongly preferred
Mode of Application
Send resume, writing samples, 1 or 2 references, and a cover letter explaining why you would be perfect for this position to: email@example.com
Applications without required documents will NOT be considered.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2013.